Monday, December 31, 2007

Adieu '07

Time to bid farewell to, what I endorse, the most eventful year of my life. And what an year it had been. Although, all the action started after the interval, it was sufficient enough to over-compensate the lull in the beginning. The melancholy from the previous year continued it's grip over me as the year began. The JEE frenzy was on it's peak with me spending sleepless nights mustering all the bits and pieces I could make out of past year and a half. And the labor did pay off, in the form of a big JEE rank. I am quite enough a theist to accept all results like a well mannered boy. After some tough decisions and flustering spend of days, I ended up in one of the best technical Institutes of the world, in a non-technical course. For this place, IITR as we call it, it was just matter of days to wipe out any skepticism about my judgment of the situation I was renounced in. And from here, the adventure begins.

For the first time in my life, I lived a hostel life, in the hog heaven, in the lap of luxuries. Everyday was a new venture, a happy junket, where I made all those friends and learned so much, in all the quarters you can sum up in the mind. I was in an environment shrouded with cultures from all over the country and it's folks taking in charge of the new life they had just grabbed. These guy were brilliant, in every field. If there could be anything like talent-burst (due to over-loading), it would have happened right around me. And with them, I laughed, played, learned, danced...yeah ! I started dancing too...I'm still pathetic at it, but I'm improving...everyday...coz we dance almost everyday. We spent together nights out in canteen eating paranthas and soup maggies and petties Bhujiya. We spent together nights out mugging up the stuff and taking and giving lectures a week before the exams. And there was Thomso, and all those Birthday bashes, and finally one hell of an NCC camp to sum up everything in the best possible way ( Click here to know more about that NCC Camp). In these 5 months, I lived a very eventful life, full of ups ( mostly) and rarely downs.

This year was also a good one for India. The economy boomed and many significant political events unfolded. And this had been a good year for the world peace too. Not much of war, and quite an increase in poverty reduction measures by developed nations and a built-up of that sort of mentality. We have seen many issues being resolved and a growing sense of humanism all around. I just hope 2008 carries all the good momentum with it and prove to be a prodigious year, and better than the marvelous 2007.

All right buddies, I'll take off now...only to meet you in the next year. And I'll leave you with this video...from one of my favorite band's new album...just to keep the momentum going.






Linkin Park
Alb : Minutes to midnight
Song : What I've done

Check-Out the lyrics of the song.

7 comments:

  1. hey nicely put..so leading a cool lyf dere at IITR...hostel r always fun i wish i had been dere...anyways happy new year:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx !
    College lyf is fun neways...
    Hope u have a gud tym too...
    HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. not bad buddy....not bad at all....though few words need to be transformed so that it makes some sense to simpletons...neways...job well done...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thnx dude !

    abhi abhi bloging start ki hai...seekh jaenge dheere dheere....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that ws fantastic guru....above xpectations....keep it up....i think u said everybody's tail in crux in simple laguage....happy new year.....v surely will miss 2007....bt also eagerly waitin 4 2008......

    ReplyDelete
  7. thnx for dat...hope it proves to b a good year for all of us...

    ReplyDelete